[1]

Today's picture was taken in about 1900 inCaracas, Venezuala. It
looks a lot like the shops I remember in Mexico in the 1960's. Now
this is a shop I could really get excited about. The guy in the back
. . . I bet those are 50 pound bags of pinto beans he is sitting on.
It looks like fresh coconuts under the counter. What I like about
these types of shops is how there is no wasteful packaging. If you
wanted pinto beans, they would have a simple sheet of paper, they
would weigh out your beans, pour them onto the paper, and then fold
up the neatest little package from the paper. Then, as a customer,
you would have your own canvassatchelthat you would put the packet of
beans in. As I have mentioned before, I am NOT part of the green
movement, but I really hate all the waste in packaging of our
groceries and other items today. Take razor blades for example. The
blades are in a little case, which is in a bigger case, which is
encapsulated in a plastic bubble which is connected to a large
plastic/cardboard backing.Ridiculous, and hard to open I might add. I
hate the waste, and I hate the hard to open part. Some of the
packages are such tough plastic, that even normal kitchenscissorscan
not cut through them. I have actually cut my hand pretty bad on the
plastic on some of these packages trying to get them open. I really
wish we would go back to a simpler system for purchasing grocery
items in bulk and with less waste in the packaging. [2]
[3]

Links:
------
[1] https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgMxZtqoxHZ8GJZVkCAZqwvDelztmCzVKEpAgJgYH2Wz7Us97AATLj9BXjG7Mno46D_9XW1zsIVsbBxngk5P4g7o1qNA6uFdNv6CpzVOcg-QZvdU3i9_bu7PB18kC1Ga6og6b0JRe9wkZQC/s1600/mexican-shop.jpg
[2] http://feedads.g.doubleclick.net/~a/T428w2LtCK3IK6sDhQKZtl-LItE/0/da
[3] http://feedads.g.doubleclick.net/~a/T428w2LtCK3IK6sDhQKZtl-LItE/1/da

0 comments