I’ve always admired this house at the end of my sister-in-law’s street. I like the wooden gate, the stone walls and accents, the landscaped gardens and the two story-high living room and windows. They can’t be seen very well here, but it also has a magnificent chandelier and a grand curving staircase. I think it’s a very lovely home.

lovely house with a two-story living room


Moongirl, a Filipina currently living in California, has compiled all of the different ways of giving to help the victims of typhoon Ondoy (Ketsana) if you’re abroad. I’ve shamelessly copied the online routes below but she also lists cities and towns that are accepting donations for the Philippines. Read her “Donating to Manila from abroad” article to learn more. Wherever you are, I hope you can find it in your heart to help the hundreds of thousands of Filipinos who have just lost their homes and everything else, and who still do not have power, water and food in their areas. And if you have already given, many, many thanks and may God bless you for your generosity.

0 comments