I don’t know about you, but I am sure glad Chicago Week is over. I am not sure what I was thinking about doing a week on a place I do not like. So, this week we move somewhere that I am interested in . . . New Orleans. This picture was taken in 1936, and shows a street corner in New Orleans.

I find New Orleans to be a very interesting place. There are things I really like about it, and a few things I don’t care for. First, I am very interested in the South, and old things. Well, that makes New Orleans a very interesting place for me. I love the old Southern Architecture, and feel of the city. In the French Quarter, there is an Antique Shop filled with incredible Civil War antiques like Colt revolvers, swords, uniforms and so forth. The shop also has things like original cased dueling pistols. A place more like a museum, but where you could purchase what you wanted. Then, there is also the Confederate History museum. Definitely the best Civil War museum that I have ever visited. It is full of incredible historical items. Across the street from the Confederate museum is the D-Day museum, another amazing military history place. I also like the food in New Orleans. I enjoy eating at the Commanders Palace, which has the best bread pudding I! have ever tasted. I like the people of New Orleans, and the way they talk.
OK, a few things I don’t care for. There is this overall undercurrent in the city of debauchery. You are walking around the French Quarter, and there are a number of burlesque types of establishments. Also, there is this overall undercurrent of sort of a Voodoo culture. That kind of gives me the creeps. You are walking down the street looking in stores, and then you end up in one that sells ground snake parts, skulls, and spell books.


0 comments