This is a picture from Anchorage Alaska from back in the Gold Rush era. As we discussed earlier, these store keepers, and sellers of supplies probably made more than most all of the gold prospectors. I like the sign that says “Everything Reduced in Price”. So, I guess that sales tactic has been around for a while.

I have to admit that Alaska is one of those places I have always wanted to visit but have never had the chance to go. When I was young I had time to go, but no money. As I got older, I had enough money to go, but never enough time. I would want to really experience the great outdoors there, not just float by in a cruise ship. Hmmm . . . trip to Alaska, maybe I should add that the the old birthday wish list I leave laying around for Mrs. PJM. On the topic of birthday wish list, I am getting this uneasy feeling that neither the tractor nor the buffalo are gaining much traction. Mrs. PJM and daughter just sort of roll their eyes when they see the list.


0 comments