Skywatch:  Is It Any Wonder

Photo & Text Copyright 2009 Seattle Daily Photo. All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing.

. . .that so many Seattlites love to fly given the beautiful, interesting skies we have to wander? :-) It’s my first time to participate in Skywatch Friday (hello!), although I’m always taking photos of the sky and of aircraft. I never thought of it much when I was in college here, but now I’m keenly alert to all the air traffic and I love to watch it all. I have some Flickr friends who are pilots and plane enthusiasts, so when I get a shot of something unusual, they help me identify the craft. I keep adding to my series called “Seattle Skies.” Probably the most interesting one I’ve shown you was this, an Alaska Airlines jet, one of two with a very “Dis”tinctive livery, that I happened to catch a shot of from Olympic Sculpture Park. That building on the left is Rainier Tower, and the one on the right is the Olympic Hotel.

You can join [swf3.jpg] here.

0 comments