Did you notice that as we spent the last couple of weeks exploring Mexican Bandits, we never ran into an old Bandit? Unfortunately, life as a bandit was fast, and many times, over quickly. Above we show a Mexican Firing Squad executing insurrectos. We hope it is not one of the men that we have grown to know and love in the earlier photographs.

I think that if I were going to be executed, and got to choose the form of the execution, I would choose the firing squad, hands down. I would be terrified of hanging, and I am afraid of needles, so that rules out lethal injection. The gas chamber would be no good, as I would be in there trying to hold my breath as long as possible. Nope, it would be an outdoor, up against a rock wall, on a dirt street, firing squad. When they asked for a last request, I would have a cigarette. Understand, I do not smoke, but feel it would be necessary in the interest of theatrics. I would then decline the blindfold, and look the executioners in the eye.

Well, with this picture, we must sadly bring to a close our investigation of Mexican bandits, and the insurrections. Perhaps, one day, we can return to the dusty streets of Old Mexico, but for now, we must move on.


0 comments